iGEM type IIS fusion site B
iGEM Moclo fusion site B (TACT) shall be used downstream Biobricks encoding for promoters and upstream Biobricks encoding for 5'UTR. Since 2019 competition, iGEM fully supports Type IIS parts that adhere to the MoClo/PhytoBricks and Loop Type IIS assembly standards for single-pot multipart assembly. Type IIS restriction enzymes leave specific 4bp overhangs, called hinges or fusion sites, that are used for parts assembly. iGEM allows 5 hinges specific to each part type. For example, coding sequence (CDS) parts are flanked with AATG (fusion site C) at the 5′ end and GCTT (fusion site E) on the 3′ end, making all CDS parts interchangeable.
- Part ID 6KECNOY
- Name iGEM type IIS fusion site B
- Alternative Name -
- Version -
- Division -
- Parent Sequence Q4NC9Z6 - CIDAR MoClo B hinge
- Collection iGEM
- Part Status Valid
- Public check_circle_outline
- Certified check_circle_outline
- Length 4
- Source Organism Other/Unknown/Synthetic
- Suitable for -
- Registry Code -
- Created by iGEM
- Created at April 24, 2019, 2:13 p.m.
- Last Edit April 24, 2019, 2:23 p.m.